Wednesday, December 5, 2012

6 Months Old

I can't believe my sweet girl is already 6 months old!!  Time has flown by.  I have to say that the past month has been soooo much better.  I know I have complained a lot about how fussy Abigail has been and her not sleeping well but it was really rough around our house for awhile.  We now have her on Prilosec and it seems to be working great.  She spits up less and overall seems much happier.  We can actually take her places without her crying most of the time.  Its so nice to eat a meal out without having to sooth a crying baby the whole time.  This is not to say that she doesn't have bad days but they have been few the past month.  She is so sweet and growing too fast!  I absolutely love every time she does something new but some days I wish I could slow the process down just a little.  We have to enjoy every moment as it comes because in just a blink of an eye she has moved on to something new.  We are not scheduled for her 6 month Dr. visit until next week so I will update then with how that goes.
Here is where Abigail is at 6 months.....
Eating:  Abigail is getting the same amount of breast milk but we have started adding in some fruits and veggies.  She loves to eat and makes a huge mess!  So far she has eaten apples, peaches, pears, bananas, sweet potatoes, and carrots.  Her favorite so far is apples and her least favorite is bananas (I am going to try these again soon).  All are homemade.  I am trying to make green beans and peas but I am having trouble getting the puree smooth enough and my blender broke today.  : (  Our schedule now is to give her a vegetable at lunch and a fruit and vegetable at dinner.  We have also stopped putting cereal in her bottle at night....I'm not sure how much it helped her sleep and now that she is getting some solids for dinner she is getting plenty full.  I love it because its one less time for me to pump.  I hate pumping!
Here are some pictures of Abigail eating last night.

Sleeping:  Oh sleep!!  Abigail's sleeping pattern seems to change weekly.  As soon as I feel like we are in a routine she changes it up.  Some nights she will wake up a few times and some just once.  One night she even sleep all the way through (10hrs)!!  That was a great night.  She is still sleeping swaddled.  We feel like we will never get her out of the swaddle blanket.  We even have a transitional blanket, but she doesn't sleep well in it either.  She has gotten a lot more wiggly at night so we had to remove her bumpers.  She would start crying and when I looked at her on the monitor she would have her head all the way up in the top corner of the crib.  She still does this but at least there is not anything soft/padded against her head.  She has never rolled over while swaddled so we have decided to just give her more time....from all I have read she will let us know when she is ready to sleep un-swaddled.  
Milestones:  
Smiles
Laughs - oh how I love it when she laughs!
Drags objects toward herself
Plays with hands and feet
Sits without support
Mouths objects - Anything she can get in her hands goes straight in her mouth.
Passes objects from hand to hand
Turns toward sounds and voices
Rolls over in both directions - finally rolled from belly to back on Monday (12/3) Woo Hoo......well she only did it twice, no one saw her and she hasn't done it since.  She hates being on her tummy so much that we wonder if she will ever learn to crawl.  Maybe she will just skip right to walking.  : ) 
In the last couple of week she has started making new sounds and even said dada a few times - Andy is ecstatic!!
She also started bouncing the past couple of weeks.  She has a lot more fun in her exersaucer now that she can bounce.

Here are the pictures from out photo shoot today.



No comments:

Post a Comment