Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Back to Work

Abigail is 12 weeks old!  Time is flying by and I can't believe I already have to go back to work.  I was pretty nervous this past weekend but it ended up not being too bad.  I am so happy that my mom is keeping her!!  If I would have had to take her anywhere else I would have been really stressed out.  Abigail had been sleeping good for the past week until Saturday and Sunday night when she woke up every 2-3 hours.  Thankfully Andy was off work Monday so he was able to get up in the morning with her so I could get a little more sleep before work.  Monday and Tuesday night were awesome though.  She slept from 9:30 - 4 Monday night and from 10 - 5 last night!  Hope she keeps this up.  I'm not sure if this is what helped or not but I turned on her sound machine and put her to bed in warmer pj's. (thanks for that advice Freddy!)  
Mom and Abigail are doing great during the day.  Andy and I laughed yesterday because I was calling her the "baby whisperer" and Andy said he thought she may have drugged Abigail.  Haha  I think Abigail just loves her Grammy.  Yesterday Abigail sat in the nap nanny we are borrowing (thank you Casey, I will get it back to you soon) awake and happy for an hour.  That may not seem like much to anyone else but for Abigail that is amazing!!  I do miss Abigail during the day but I have to say that going back to work hasn't been too horrible.

A couple of week ago Abigail got to meet her Great Grandma Butler, Uncle Paul and Annette for the first time.  She was really good the whole time we were there and Paul got a great picture of us with Grandma.

I took Abigail's 12 week pictures last night.  She was happy but I could not seem to catch her smiles with the camera.  It was really hard because about a week ago she found her hands and since then they have been in her mouth.  She is so sweet though and growing so big.  I have not weighed her in 2 weeks but her last weight was 9lbs 10oz.
12 Week Photos
Look at that Belly!!
 Lying on the quilt Grammy made her.
 
 Having fun in the Bath.
Of coarse her hands are in her mouth.
 
 Hanging out in the nap nanny with the play mat.  This is what my mom did that kept her happy for an hour.

2 comments:

  1. Precious! Reese discovered her hands a couple of weeks ago and I am constantly trying to get them out of her mouth!

    ReplyDelete