Monday, August 20, 2012

Abigail's first night in her own room!

Last night Abigail slept in her own room for the first time.  It was a much better night than I expected.  The last few weeks our schedule has been that she eats last around 10pm which means I do not get to bed till really late.  Its been ok so far since I'm not working but this is my last week off work : ( so we have to get on a better schedule.  Since I wanted to put her down in a new room and in a new bed I didn't want to change her schedule too, so I was planning on feeding her one last time at 10:30 before putting her to bed.  When 10:30 rolled around she was still sleeping so good that I decided to just let her sleep till she woke up.....I put her down in her crib and hung around in her room for a bit expecting her to wake up any minute.  It seemed realy quiet in her room so while I waited on her to wake up I got out her humidifer (thank you Christie and Freddy).  I got it all hooked up and running but unlike ours its super quiet.  Abigail didnt seem to mind (I guess its just me that likes some white noise to sleep with). She ended up sleeping until 4am!! Considering that she ate dinner at 8 and went to sleep at 9:30 I was very happy with 4am.  Andy slept great and didnt even hear her on the monitor when she woke up. However, I didn't sleep great.....I was a little nervous about her being so far away (the nursery is upstairs).  I actually slept with the video monitor in the bed with me and checked it often.  After I fed her at 4 she went right back to sleep and slept till 7:30.  It was an awesome night......hope it continues to be that easy.

Swaddled in her crib.
We finally hung some new pictures in her nursery.
Thank you Amy & Clay for the beautiful frame with the green bow.
Thank you Nell for this beautiful window frame, it looks so good in her room.
 This cute caterpiller was a gift from my friend Casey.  I need to get my mom to fill in the circles for me.....her hand writing is much better.
And this beautiful frame was a gift from my good friend Angie.  I love it!



2 comments:

  1. I am so glad she did great in her own room! It is tough for them to be so far away the first night, but like everything else you get used to it (when she get to be a toddler, you may even wish her room was outside or next door!!....haha) JK. I love her nursery - it really looks great!!!! I will be thinking about you and saying a prayer that yal will all do well when it's time for you to return to work! See you soon!
    Angie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Angie for your advice and encouragement!! It was great having dinner the other night hope we can do it again soon.

    ReplyDelete