Monday, November 5, 2012

Halloween


I love Halloween and dressing up!  Last year Andy and I did not dress up because our annual party we were hoping to go to was cancelled.  So, this year I was determined to dress up and have somewhere to go and celebrate.  Andy felt like we could just go trick or treating...alone....with Abigail.  I did not like that idea so we went to a friends house to eat dinner and trick or treat with them and their kids.  
I have been working on mine and Abigail's costumes for about a month now.  I decided to be Little Bo Peep and Abigail a lamb.  It is so hard to find adult costumes that are not the"sexy"version.  All the Little Bo Peep costumes were soooo short and I knew I would not be comfortable in that especially carrying around my little lamb.  So, I actually bought a Alice in Wonderland dress and a staff from costumes.com and a bonnet and pantaloons from a lady on Etsy.   Abigail's costume was a little easier.  I knew if I bought something pre-made it would be too big on her so I made her body suit out of footed pajamas and cotton balls.  I ordered her hat from Etsy as well.  It took Andy forever to decide on a costume but he finally decide to be a Wolf to go along with the Little Bo Peep theme.
Making Abigail's costume was easy....all I needed was fabric glue
Cotton balls
and footed pajamas.
I used black spray paint to make her hooves.

Andy's costume was scary but Abigail did not mind at all.
The costume I made was very bulky around her face so we did not leave it on very long.  She still wore her hat though.  It was handmade by a women on Etsy and was soooo soft.  She will be wearing it again this winter.
Smiling for Daddy.

  

No comments:

Post a Comment