Wednesday, November 7, 2012

First Foods

For over a month now Abigail has been getting a little rice cereal in her bottle every night.  A couple of weeks ago we decided to try to spoon feed her some.  The first time we gave her some I mixed it with water.  She hated it! She would not even give it try after the first bite.  The next day I tried again and mixed it with breast milk.  She was still not interested.  I thought that maybe she just was not ready for the spoon.  So I waited a few week before trying anything else. 
The next thing we tried was a little mashed banana.  Its easy (just peel and mash) and much better for her than rice cereal.  She didn't seem crazy about it the first time but she ate a little.  The next night I tried again and she loved it!!  She ate it up!  She was so cute.  Since that time we have offered it once a day or every other day.  I make sure I breast feed her before offering her anything else so that she gets all the breast milk she needs and so my supply will not be affected.  Some nights she will eat it like its the best thing she has ever had and some nights she doesn't seem too interested.  I am going to stick with banana a little longer and then offer her something new.....maybe avocado or prunes.....yummm.
Here are some videos.





No comments:

Post a Comment