Wednesday, May 9, 2012

36 week check & Maternity Pictures


Yesterday I went in for my 36 week check.  From here on out I will be going in weekly to check my progress.  This week, Abigail is still growing well.  I am measuring at 35 weeks and my weight is right on track.  This was my first real exam during this pregnancy and it was an experience.  So far, no contractions or dilation.  I think my OB was hoping I would be at least 1 cm dilated at this point but he was not surprised that I wasn't.  He just said that its pretty likely that I will carry her for the full 40 weeks.  
I have felt rather well the past few weeks but have started getting a little uncomfortable.  I woke up this morning with my feet already swollen....before I even got out of bed!!  I'm still not sure how that happens but my toes feel soooo fat.  I love to feel Abigail move, and she moves a lot, but she is getting so big that it is starting to hurt a little.  Her little butt (or big if she takes after me) or feet stay wedged under my ribs most of the day...its where she is as I type this, stretching my ribs....it feels very strange!

I knew right away that I wanted newborn photos made and who I wanted to do them, but I was not sold on the idea of doing maternity pics.  As all my pregnant friends started getting theirs done I decided I would go ahead and do it.......more because I didn't want to regret not having them made than really wanting to.  Since I had already chosen Michelle to do the newborn pictures she also did these.  Here is her website:  

You can imagine how excited Andy was about doing this.....but once we got there he was much more comfortable than I was with the shoot.  Its hard for me to relax with a camera on me even without a huge belly.  I am glad we decided to do this.....they turned out great.


                                   




2 comments:

  1. Your pictures are awesome! Beautiful pregnancy glow

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the pictures! They are so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete